E. H. Taylor Small Batch is a well-known bourbon whiskey produced by the Buffalo Trace Distillery, a renowned distillery based in Frankfort, Kentucky, USA. This particular bourbon is named after Colonel Edmund Haynes Taylor, Jr., a historic figure in the bourbon industry and a key figure in the development of the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897.
Here’s some information about E. H. Taylor Small Batch:
- Bourbon Characteristics: E. H. Taylor Small Batch is a premium bourbon known for its rich and complex flavor profile. It’s crafted from a blend of meticulously selected corn, rye, and malted barley grains, which contribute to its unique taste.
- Small Batch Production: As the name suggests, this bourbon is produced in small batches. This typically means that a limited number of barrels are used for each batch, allowing for a more focused and refined production process.
- Aged to Perfection: Like many high-quality bourbons, E. H. Taylor Small Batch is aged in charred oak barrels. The aging process imparts flavors from the wood, such as vanilla, caramel, and oak, into the whiskey. It’s aged for a substantial period to develop its distinctive taste.
- Bottled-in-Bond: E. H. Taylor Small Batch adheres to the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897, which is a federal regulation that ensures the quality and authenticity of the whiskey. To be labeled as “bottled-in-bond,” the whiskey must be produced at one distillery, in one distillation season, aged for at least four years, and bottled at exactly 100 proof (50% alcohol by volume).
- Packaging: The bourbon is often presented in a stylish, vintage-style bottle, reminiscent of the 19th-century design, paying homage to Colonel E. H. Taylor’s historical significance in the bourbon industry.
- Tasting Notes: Tasting notes for E. H. Taylor Small Batch may include notes of caramel, vanilla, toffee, and a subtle spiciness from the rye. It’s known for its balance and smoothness.
- Collector’s Item: Due to its limited production and excellent reputation, E. H. Taylor Small Batch has become a sought-after bourbon by collectors and whiskey enthusiasts.
- Availability: While it may be somewhat challenging to find due to its limited availability, it is often well worth the search for those looking to savor a premium bourbon experience.
In summary, E. H. Taylor Small Batch is a premium bourbon whiskey produced in small batches, adhering to strict quality standards. It’s renowned for its rich flavor profile, adherence to the Bottled-in-Bond Act, and its historical ties to the bourbon industry. It’s a favorite among bourbon connoisseurs and collectors alike.