Ardbeg 1976 Sherry Cask #2397: A Sherry-Infused Islay Classic
Legendary vintage release from Ardbeg several years after its acquisition by Glenmorangie. Aged 31 years in cherry barrels and bottled in strong casks in 2008.
- Sherry Cask Brilliance: Ardbeg 1976 Sherry Cask #2397 is a legendary single malt whisky that has spent its maturation period in sherry casks. This aging process imparts uniq ue flavors and characteristics.
- Rich Sherry Influence: Expect rich notes of dried fruits, dark chocolate, spices, and oak, all layered with Ardbeg’s signature peat smoke. The sherry cask aging adds depth and sweetness to the whisky.
- Highly Coveted: Bottles of Ardbeg 1976 Sherry Cask #2397 are highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts due to their rarity and the exceptional quality of the liquid inside.
Islay’s Finest Peat:
- Peat and Sherry: This Ardbeg expression beautifully marries the bold peatiness of Islay with the sweet, fruity influence of sherry casks, creating a whisky that is both powerful and elegant.
- Potential Value: With its limited availability and reputation for excellence, Ardbeg 1976 Sherry Cask #2397 has the potential to appreciate in value over time, making it an attractive choice for whisky investors.
A Piece of Islay’s History:
- Islay’s Distilling Legacy: Ardbeg, known for its distinctive peated style, has a rich history on the island of Islay. This bottling reflects the traditions and craftsmanship of the region.
- Layers of Flavor: The combination of sherry cask aging and Ardbeg’s robust peat creates a whisky with multiple layers of flavor, making it a fascinating and rewarding dram for enthusiasts.
- “Ardbeg 1976 Sherry Cask #2397: A Sherry-Infused Islay Classic”
- “Tasting Notes: Ardbeg 1976 Sherry Cask #2397”
- Ardbeg 1976 Sherry Cask #2397
- Sherry cask-aged Ardbeg
- Islay peat and sherry whisky